Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Volunteering

I've had lots of time to reflect on what I've learned from filing and fighting for my claims and appeals.  I've often thought about volunteering in some way to help out fellow veterans facing the same kinds of problems.  That is about  the most I've followed through on any of those thoughts, just to think about it.  I've never looked into actually doing anything like that.  Not only would I not know where to begin, I really don't know that I could keep going day after day to make a real difference.
The idea itself is appealing to me, helping out those who need it.  But the reality is, I have trouble just posting to this blog everyday.  What happens to the poor souls who depend on me when I don't show up?  Maybe I'm over thinking the situation.  But that is the same kind of thinking that has me in this rut to begin with.  There always seems to be a reason not to do something.  Worse than procrastination, I can't even start any of the projects I know need to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment