Saturday, January 19, 2013

More exams...

Yesterday I had a two hour drive to reach a compensation and pension exam.  The exam was scheduled at 7:30 in the morning.  The exam actually started at 9:00 am.  Once it began, the exam moved along quickly and the examiner seemed pretty thorough in his questions.  I'll have to wait a few weeks for his report to see how it went.  I have some hope from the tone of his questions that he took my conditions seriously.
The two hour ride home was less eventful, I slept most of the way.  My apologies to the driver and other passenger for all the snoring I'm sure I did.  I was still pretty exhausted from the ordeal and spent some more time in bed after I got home.  I'm glad my wife is so understanding of my situation.
I have one more exam to go through now.  That exam is only an hour away.  It is a mental health exam to see how all my other conditions have affected my mind.  I expect that exam to go about the same as this last one did, but I'll have to wait several more weeks for that report.
That means the earliest my appeal has a chance of being finished is still at least two months away.  That hardly sits well with me or my creditors.  My hope is still to have a decision before April, and a favorable one at that.  I am only cautiously optimistic at this point.  So many times in the past I have been disappointed or denied completely.  All I can do is continue to wait and see.
So I wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment