Saturday, January 5, 2013

Sad day...

Today is the end of Christmas break for my nine year old son and I.  We don't get nearly enough time together, and the time we do get is marred by how tired I am.  We have spent more time together this break and done more things together than we have in a long time, but that only makes his time going back to school next week more bitter.  Just as we were getting some good bonding time, the clock has run out and we'll have to start over.  I'm still glad to have time with him, even if its imperfect and often boring for him.
I wish I had the energy to keep up with him more than I do now.  I am pretty sure he does too, but that doesn't appear to be in the cards right now.  We have to get by with what time and energy I can muster from one day to the next.  He seems to appreciate the effort as much as I appreciate the time we get to spend together.  I know as he gets older that is likely to change.  God, I hope not.

No comments:

Post a Comment