Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Another day, another appointment...

I have appointments at the local VA clinic every month, sometimes more than once a month.  I seldom enjoy the visit but I try to stay upbeat about it.  What else am I going to do?
Today was one of those days.  Checking and rechecking my list of medications and how I'm taking them or not taking them as it turns out.  Its a long list so there is plenty of room for error, and wouldn't you know it, today we found some problems.  I also had really low blood pressure - yay!
I had some paperwork for my provider to fill out the last couple of times I had an appointment and I checked on those today.  No clue about where they went or if I'd get them back any time.  I have to keep pestering them now just to find out if the letters are lost or not.  What joy it is to be me.
I had to have blood drawn today too - never fun and fasting for them is always irritating.  At least I can handle going without for a few hours.  My stomach may not like it, but I will survive.
I have more appointments coming up.  Some of those appointments require travel, I'm not looking forward to that.  The exams are for my appeal, and I expect to have to prove once again that I deserve the higher rating that I've asked for.  The original exam was scheduled with someone whose name I didn't recognize, but now I have an exam scheduled with a guy I've seen twice already.  I've written the VA about how bad I thought his report of our meeting was, and I expect he'll review that letter before he sees me this time.
<Sigh>  It's a never ending battle it seems like.

No comments:

Post a Comment