Tuesday, January 22, 2013

VA Logic


I've been diagnosed with Irritable Bowel Syndrome since before I was discharged in 2000 (that's over 12 years now).  Throughout that whole time I've treated the diarrhea part of my condition with generic Immodium (Loperamide).  Since 2005 when I enrolled in their tier one medical program, I have been prescribed that Loperamide through VA.  By my reckoning, that puts me at about 7 years of treatment with the prescription.  Last week I was informed that I'd have to start buying my Immodium somewhere else, as the VA would no longer be providing me with that medicine.  REALLY???
I can barely afford to keep food in my pantry or make my house payment.  Now, the VA wants to cut out one of my most essential medicines to save them a few bucks.  I wasn't terribly upset at first, but the longer I think about it, the more annoying it becomes.  Who made this decision and how did they arrive at this conclusion?  I don't even know where to file my objection.  Rest assured I will figure something out and at least file a protest of some kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment