Friday, January 4, 2013

Update: Exams

News in my appeal today.  Someone ahead of me cancelled an exam appointment and I will be able to get in to talk to an examiner this month.  The cancellation is at 7:30 AM and the hospital is two hours away, but I'll take what I can get to move this along.  Fortunately, there is a disabled veterans van the county I live in runs for appointments like mine, so I won't have to drive all the way up there and back.  The exam is still pointless and a frivolous waste of time, money  and resources, but I'll go and jump through their unnecessary hoops again.
The psych exam they had me scheduled for in April has been moved up to early February too, so that is a plus.  That exam is pretty useless too, but again, its a matter of doing things their way or being denied without any chance to tell my story.  So I go and answer all the questions on their checklists, which I could have done from home over a year ago when I filed my appeal, or two years ago when the VA opened the claim to begin with.
I'm still frustrated, but I'm still hopeful too...

No comments:

Post a Comment