Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Confusion aplenty...

I'm used to a certain level of bureaucracy when dealing with the VA.  I also consider myself fairly computer savvy.  I used the VA ebenefits website to find out my appeal had been decided.  I went back to the site today and snooped around the website some more.  I should have left well enough alone.  I found another appeal listed and a newly opened claim.  The claim says it's for fibromyalgia.  I'm already service connected at the maximum rate of 40% for it, so there is no reason to have a claim opened for it.
So now I'm confused by the very site I used to find out about my appeal.  Is my wait finally over or do I have months and months ahead of me yet?  I want this to be over and of course I want the VA to find in my favor.  I'm worried now that something else is afoot.  My greatest fear is that the VA has decided against me or will delay their decision too long to help me out of the financial hole I've dug for myself.
This has all brought my stress levels to a new height.  I am teetering on the edge here and there is little in the way of a safe place to land.  I still have hope but its muddled now and I'm far less confident than I was Monday morning.  Help seems farther away than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment