Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Still waiting...

I'm officially starting my nervous waiting period.  Up until now, I've been waiting on lots of different processes to be finished before I could expect a decision on my VA appeal.  This Monday I finished my part of the last of those processes.  Now I have to wait for the reports from my last two exams and the rating decision from the regional office.  The process can still take months to complete, but that won't stop me from over analyzing every little word or stray thought I've had about the appeal since I filed for an increase in 2010.
So today, my mind is in overdrive thinking about the appeal, the reports, the Decision Review Officer, my attorney, and how much my life and my family's life can change if things work out in my favor.  This decision will have ripple effects throughout my life.  Finding in my favor will mean forgiveness of my student loan debts, a waiver of property taxes on my home, a chance to refinance my mortgage, the opportunity to build a larger house, to finally catch up all our bills and look ahead to a brighter future.
So wish me luck, or send prayers or happy thoughts my way.  Do whatever your particular cultural or ethnic heritage leads you to do to win favor in this often cold and cruel world, and hope with me for that better tomorrow.  For me, that day could be days weeks or months from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment