Saturday, March 2, 2013

And time stands still...

So I still don't have any idea about my appeal decision.  But I have read the two Compensation & Pension (C&P) exam reports that VA ordered.  I'm not exactly thrilled with either report.  Both left out important information I shared during the exams and neither one would say outright that I was unemployable.  That does not bode well for the decision I'm waiting for either.
In other news, when it rains it pours.  My wife lost a tire on the car yesterday, well she got a flat tire anyway.  With the limited income I have from my VA disability, the cost of a new tire can be enough to throw our entire budget off.  Paying bills is harder and keeping our heads above water is just as difficult.  Not to mention a couple of ballooning payments for bills I haven't even begun to figure out a way to pay.
The stress of all this has been building in me for days.  I can literally feel it in my gut, and my irritable bowel syndrome confirms it.  I've had to take a lot more pain medicine lately and even resorted to using the muscle relaxers VA prescribed for me.  I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but the cycle in my head doesn't leave much room for anything else.  My hopes for a favorable decision are slipping away, but I have to hold on no matter what.  There is too much stubbornness left in me to give up or quit.  All I can do is hope that my attorney can pull off a last minute save somehow.  I've said all along she is pretty good at what she does.

No comments:

Post a Comment