Monday, February 4, 2013

A light at the end of my tunnel...

Today I had my last Compensation & Pension (C&P) exam for my appeal.  After this exam I only have to wait for the decision from the Regional Office (RO) in Des Moines.  This was a mental health exam with an actual psychologist, not just a nurse practitioner.  I'm kind of worn out from the travel there and back, but I'm hopeful again that I'll win my appeal.  The examiner seemed genuinely interested in my situation and sympathetic to my condition.  I won't know for sure until I read his report, but I'm hopeful that things will work out finally.  Of course, I could be wrong altogether; the examiner might just say he's not sure about me.
Because the location of the exam was so far away, I put in a claim for travel pay.  It takes a while to process but it will help with gas when it comes back.  The process was different for filing this time.  There was no travel office at this VA medical center; so I filled out a request that VA will forward internally.  This only increases the wait time for the money to come through.
Wish me luck, I may be near the end of my long wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment